Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two More Nights and Two More Days!!!

I can't believe we are leaving in just two short days!!! I have several appointments tomorrow. Unfortunately, the stress is catching up to me. I have this tiny cough developing and I feel that I may be coming down with a cold. But, in the morning I have an appointment with our nurse practitioner so hopefully she will hook me up with some Z-Packs.


I have very delicate ears that seem to get flyer's ear even without any sinus drainage. But, this does scare me. I don't know what I will do if our nurse practitioner does not prescribe antibiotics...urg!!!! So, say a little prayer for me!!! If I am sick they will not let into the orphanage. Oh how awful that would be. Guess we will see how I feel in the morning as I also have some runny nose, pressure in my left ear, and a mild sore throat.


***Special note to Tammy...Remember when I said that I thought we would be flying on the day you were. Only you are going home with your son and I am going to my daughter??? I read your blog and see you are flying back on Saturday!!! HaHaHa!!! We are driving over to Amarillo Saturday afternoon to catch our Sunday morning flight out to Houston, Amsterdam, Moscow, and on to Murmansk where my darling little girl is waiting for me. So...yes we are two ships passing in the night;-). Big congrats on your precious little boy!!! He is a darling angel!!!


Okay...just for the record. I am 90% packed with about 8 pounds to spare. We are checking two small bags and will have two carry-on bags. Casey is excited beyond belief. We have been adopting since 2002 from overseas and this is the first time Casey will accompany me. I believe that it will give him an entirely different perspective of his own life and how very lucky he is to live where he does. Also, he is thrilled to be the first one to meet his new sister. I do wish Duane could go with me on this trip. However, he needs to continue to work and keep our income steady and secondly the children will need his parental care!!!


Guess that's it for tonight. I will make two more posts before I go. One Friday and one Saturday. Once we reach Russia I will update our progress and post some pictures of our little girl. I know you are as anxious to see her as we are. Many of you have made personal donations to this adoption as you know how much we need the funding and most importantly "you all love Vika"!!!! How lucky we are to have such wonderful people following our journey and praying for us. You are such a blessing and God will be chasing you down to bless you for your love of this little Russian orphan girl. Although, soon she will no longer be an orphan girl!!! She will have her forever family!!! Many blessings and thank you all so very much for your support and prayers. Trisha (Vika's Mama)

1 comment:

  1. I am practically screaming w/ excitement here as you can imagine!!! It has been a dream of mine for Vika to be adopted. I can not wait to see pictures & you BEST SEND THEM girlie--LOL!!! I will definitely have to chat w/ you after you get back. News here but will chat later. I know just how busy you are. Just absolutely thrilled she is finally going to have a family. God works in mysterious ways for sure. I wish you & Casey safe travels. Tell them Alyona & Nik's mom said hello. I wonder how much she's grown what she likes now, etc. I'm sure you will gather infor for us all. I will be reading right along w/ you. Congrats & safe travels.

    Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete