Thursday, June 18, 2009

Snail's Pace


To those who know me....waiting is not my best virtue;-). I am now hoping to get some grant applications going. After adopting one child after another since 2002...we must have some grant help. If we could manage to get just a $5,000 grant we would be on the road to Murmansk!!! It's just I have never done this before and don't know where to go for them. I'm praying for God to lead me in the right direction. I am going to add a little donation button to this blog so that if anyone should feel inclined to help Vika...it would be tax deductible and safe.

The kids are out of school now and so I have more free time on my hands to deal with paperwork. Our SW has made several visits and we are approved. So now we wait for her to write the report and we can take this to the next level. It gives me butterflies in my tummy to think of going through this process again. After Katie's adoption I was simply beat to the bone exhausted and stressed to the utter limit. So, one might ask "Why do it to myself again?"

In reply...It is the powerful and vivid memory of Vika in Russia. The way she followed us into the playroom and laid her head on my shoulder during our visit with Katie Aunna. Vika sweetly whispered into my ear that "Aunna's (Katie) mama is so pretty and how much she wants to come home with us." She said "she was smelling me and saving the smell of a real mama in her heart forever and would we please take her home." She then promised "to be a very good girl if we would just love her, too." Then the translator ushered her out of the room. Vika looked back over her shoulder as she was pushed from the room with such love mingled with a look in her eyes which screamed..."Wait...I'll be good...choose me, too!!!"

This vision in our minds just won't go away from Duane and I and leave us in peace. Katie Aunna saw everything that happened and heard most of what Vika said to me. Then Katie has reminded us about Vika on an almost daily basis with questions and remarks like "Is she alright Mommy?" "Vika is so kind and loves all of us!!!" "Vika's leg is hurt and she needs our wonderful home in America. I love it here, Mommy!!!" Vika needs our doctor to help her leg. She limps and is in pain everyday!!!" "It's too cold for Vika's leg in Russia, Mommy. We have to hurry cause it's warm now!!!" "Vika has no home or family like me....I feel sad, Mommy:-(((" Katie has said all of these things and many others that have brought me to my knees in prayer. So here I am...on my knees, and praying for financing, dossier energy, and good health to undergo this harsh process...just once more!!! Thanks for your support and prayers....Keep 'em coming!!! Many blessings....Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment